Friday, February 12, 2010

Bruce Crampton Golf Story

I was paired with Bruce Crampton in the third round of the Phoenix Open. I never played with Bruce. He was portrayed as "Grümpi" by the press, so I was a bit 'hesitant, as we teed off in 10th place at 8:00 Clock. All three of us hit the green and Bruce was the first putt.

We had a guy like our entire gallery. (It was too early for our usual large gallery) As Bruce bent the ball struck his putt, which started in our gallery of kid that is just behind Bruce, rocking back and forth. Brucestopped. I thought Bruce was a bit 'heavy to make the boy. But not even look at him. Read the shot and tried again.

Again the boy gallery rocked back and forth like Bruce has over the ball. Once again I was expecting a violent reaction from Bruce. Not a word or even a glance. He made his putt again and this time the gallery-hopping boyfriend had the idea and stopped moving.

Bruce putted and missed! Now I was sure that the wrath of Bruce wasabout to explode - and he did. He approached me, put his arm around my shoulder and says in his great Australian accent: "The natives are now somewhat 'troubled, are not, John?"

The newspapers were wrong. He's a good guy with a great sense of humor. We had a good time to play golf that day. He spent a morning with me when we played in Australia in their tour. Wanted to understand myself in his country and its people.

Thanks To : Buy Speakers Buy Speakers you can read about the best of all the new scooters review Golf Club Set for you

No comments:

Post a Comment